Tell others about Sierra

Share/Bookmark

Monday, June 1, 2009

Diagnosis

Sierra is my 8y7m old Harlequin Great Dane. She received a rule-out diagnosis of Degenerative Myelopathy (DM) on Saturday 5/30/09.

She had been having symptoms for the last three months.

I am an occupational therapist and have been researching canine rehabilitation since learning of her diagnosis. I feel that I have a lot to offer my girl Sierra as well as others going though a rehabilitation with their pet. DM is degenerative as the name suggests- she will not recover from this- it will take her life eventually, but it's what we do between now and then that will matter most for her.

Sierra has had a full life. She has traveled many places with her people, she's hiked, swam and ran alongside my horses when I rode. She has many people who love her.

Here she is at Christmas time with her little brother, a chinese crested, Poe.

No comments:

Post a Comment